User Experience Strategist
User Experience Strategist
We’re Goat, a close-knit crew of designers, developers and strategic thinkers. Clients choose us because we make the complicated, simple. We don’t specialize in one industry, but thrive on solving complex business problems for businesses that support all walks of life. We bring brands to life through an emphasis on strategy, storytelling and exceptional user experience. We empower our clients through education, transparent processes and effective solutions.
We are currently looking for a User Experience (UX) Strategist with experience in medium to large scale digital product builds to join our team. Successful applicants will contribute to the development of our clients digital products from the ground up.
- Have 4+ years experience in an agency environment, or as a contributor to a larger organizations design team designing digital platforms and products
- Have an excellent understanding of typography, layout and user experience fundamentals
- Comfortable collaborating with cross-functional teams in concepting and ideation
- Play a lead role in client workshops, presentations, reviews, and pitches
- Have excellent written and communication skills
- Have extensive knowledge of the Figma and various interface design tools
- Deep understanding of design systems and interface design process
- Confident leading meetings and workshops
- Not afraid to get your hands dirty when deadlines are approaching
- Thrive in a creative environment and can take initiative in a role with a lot of autonomy
- Love problem solving and contributing at all levels of the project, not just the design process
- Experience developing strategy from beginning stages to end result through interviewing and research
- Enjoy presenting your work and are able to articulate your design decisions
- Are ego-less and always open to feedback, in pursuit of better solutions
- Want to be part of a team which never settles for easy, but always pushes for more
- Want to be part of a team which always has each others back
- Comfortable managing, leading, and mentoring junior design colleagues by fostering a positive environment and providing thoughtful feedback
- Experience developing standardization and process around collecting and evaluating user feedback
- A solid understanding of what's possible from a technical perspective in relation to budget
- You must be located in Canada and willing to work remotely
- All projects managed in Asana
- Hours tracked with Toggl
- Documents built and managed in Google Drive and Docs
- Internal communication via Slack
The salary range for this position is $60,000 - $80,000, depending on experience and qualifications.
Interested in this job?
Let us know why you want to work at Goat, and why you would be a fit as our next Project Coordinator. Submit your resume, cover letter and any previous work to [email protected]
Thank you for your interest in Goat. We look forward to reviewing your application. Due to the large volume of resumes we receive, we are only able to contact those applicants that are most qualified for each position.
Goat is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, colour, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws.
Goat is committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.
Please no calls from recruiters or employment agencies. Goat does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Services Agreement, Goat will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee.