We’re Goat, a close-knit crew of designers, developers and strategic thinkers. Clients choose us because we make the complicated, simple. We don’t specialize in one industry, but thrive on solving complex business problems for people from all walks of life. We bring brands to life through an emphasis on strategy, storytelling and exceptional user experience. We empower our clients through education, transparent processes and effective solutions.
We believe that small, collaborative, and cross-functional teams are best equipped to achieve the most optimal project outcomes. Within these teams, our Project Managers play a lead role in helping to plan, organize, and steer our client engagements to success.
As a Project Manager, you’ll lead projects of varying scale from kick-off through delivery, collaborating with your project team to define the most efficient and effective scope and approach. You’ll partner with the Director of Operations, Strategy Director, and our clients to ensure clear communication and management across the project lifecycle, while developing your own understanding of our clients’ business and objectives. Through our agency tools and systems, you will plan and manage your projects to budget, ensuring project health is maintained and communicated. Your success will be measured through the satisfaction of both the agency team and our client partners, and your ability to ensure all project expectations are met.
Ideal candidates will have experience working in an agency or consultancy environment. Our Project Managers don’t coordinate from behind a desk – they’re active, inquisitive leaders who help teams deliver on objectives and outcomes, removing the roadblocks that can derail great work.
- Manage the full project lifecycle ensuring the team is able to deliver efficiently and to project deadlines and profitability targets
- Own discussions related to schedule, scope, and risk, and drive conversations related to budget management with the agency team and business leads
- Provide impeccable meeting management ensuring that clients and internal teams have a clear understanding of agendas, actionable outputs, and goals discussed
- Manage your engagements through the agency's tools and processes, and report on activity to the leadership group at recurring project status meetings
- Onboard internal and external teams to new projects, breaking down the requirements with a structured system
- Establish positive relationships with client stakeholders by understanding their business, challenges, and desired outcomes
- Contribute to strategy and ideation discussions, providing your own unique perspectives where possible
- Collaborate with Operations on development and implementation of process and tooling
- Lead your engagements by example, with respect, and with precise attention to detail ensuring the agency’s expectations for craft and positive project outcomes are met
- 3-5 years experience successfully delivering web and mobile products and platforms within a client-focused agency environment
- Clear communication skills; ability to listen, present, and guide internal and external communications, confident in leading executive-level stakeholder engagement
- Experience with Agile, Scrum, and Waterfall project management methodologies and organizational tools such as product roadmapping, workshops, and design sprints
- Proven experience planning, managing, and delivering technical projects with a deep understanding of web, mobile, and emerging technologies, terminology, processes, languages, and platforms
- Experience working with tools such as, G-Suite, Excel, Sheets and various Project Management tools like Basecamp, Asana, Trello etc.
- Experience in a client-centered role and able to handle conflict and issues inside complex, long-term, and large-scale engagements
Nice to have
- A degree or certification in business, marketing, communications, or project management preferred
- A strong understanding of the website design and development lifecycle, and the ability to challenge the production team
- All projects managed in Asana
- Hours tracked with Toggl
- Documents built and managed in Google Drive and Docs
- Internal communication via Slack
The salary range for this position is $65,000 - $80,000, depending on experience and qualifications.
Interested in this job?
Let us know why you want to work at Goat, and why you would be a fit as our next Sr. Project Manager. Submit your resume, cover letter and any previous work to [email protected]
Thank you for your interest in Goat. We look forward to reviewing your application. Due to the large volume of resumes we receive, we are only able to contact those applicants that are most qualified for each position.
Goat is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, colour, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws.
Goat is committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.
Please no calls from recruiters or employment agencies. Goat does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Services Agreement, Goat will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee.