Senior User Interface Designer
Senior User Interface Designer (Contract)
We’re Goat, a close-knit crew of designers, developers and strategic thinkers. Clients choose us because we make the complicated, simple. We don’t specialize in one industry, but thrive on solving complex business problems for businesses that support all walks of life. We bring brands to life through an emphasis on strategy, storytelling and exceptional user experience. We empower our clients through education, transparent processes and effective solutions.
We are currently looking for a Senior User Interface (UI) Designer with experience in medium to large scale digital product builds to join our team. Successful applicants will contribute to the development of our clients digital products from the ground up.
- Have 4+ years experience in an agency environment, or as a contributor to a larger organizations design team designing digital platforms and products
- Have an excellent understanding of typography, layout and user experience fundamentals
- Comfortable collaborating with cross-functional teams in concepting and ideation
- Play a lead role in client workshops, presentations, reviews, and pitches
- Have excellent written and communication skills
- Have extensive knowledge of the InVision, Sketch and various interface design tools
- Understanding of design systems and interface design process
- Thrive in a creative environment and can take initiative in a role with a lot of autonomy
- Love problem solving and contributing at all levels of the project, not just the design process
- Love designing brands and developing stories through design
- Enjoy presenting your work and are able to articulate your design decisions
- Are ego-less and always open to feedback, in pursuit of better solutions
- Want to be part of a team which never settles for easy, but always pushes for more
- Want to be part of a team which always has each others back
- Have a portfolio which demonstrates the aptitude and design sensibilities that we are looking for
- Comfortable managing, leading, and mentoring junior design colleagues by fostering a positive environment and providing thoughtful feedback
- Knowledge of Principle and Zeplin is beneficial.
- Salary dependent on experience. Competitive with extended benefits.
- You must be located in Canada and willing to work remotely
- All projects managed in Asana
- Hours tracked with Toggl
- Documents built and managed in Google Drive and Docs
- Internal communication via Slack
If you’d like to work with great clients and produce work you’re proud of, email us your resume, link or PDF of your portfolio, and a quick paragraph on why you think working with Goat will be a great time to [email protected].