Lead Web Developer
Goat was founded in 2015 with a vision to change the web design & development industry. We had a dream that all creatives be held accountable for their work, through transparent processes and client education. 9 years on and that vision hasn’t changed. We are still process driven and jargon-free. We adapt across industries to suit our clients needs, but never stray from what we believe in, always striving to deliver compelling strategy and beautiful design through the latest digital technologies.
We’re looking for a senior web developer to be a central part of a talented team building digital products for government, educational institutions, socially responsible organizations, and select private companies. Our clients are looking to us to build and safeguard their digital presence, and this needs a seasoned developer with experience implementing future-proof digital product solutions.
What you’ll be doing:
- Provide technical leadership for both Goat’s clients and internal team
- Lead and mentor a small team of early career developers by promoting best practices for web development and supporting professional development.
- Build digital products and complex websites using modern development frameworks and content management systems
- Build new applications, websites, and features with a variety of platforms including Craft CMS, Wordpress, Laravel, and more.
- Collaborate with Goat’s Project Management team through technical discoveries, research, scoping, estimation, and client meetings
- Be an active voice for the team in task planning and daily standups
- Establish documentation, coding, and DevOps standards for the developer team
- Write and maintain clear documentation of your work, so that others on the team can pick up where you left off or learn from your experience on a project
- Give back to the communities we rely on through open source contributions, discussions, and other forms of community engagement
What you’ll need:
Excellent oral and written communication skills; able to formulate, write and communicate our value, strategy and proposed solutions on client opportunities
- Experience with frameworks such as Laravel and Bootstrap/Tailwind and modern content management systems like Craft CMS, WordPress, Expressionengine, Drupal and other PHP-based CMS’s.
- Working knowledge of development with relational databases, such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, etc
- Seasoned troubleshooting & debugging skills with attention to detail
- Extensive knowledge of devops processes, including version control, server management, automated testing, and continuous integration/deployment
- A proactive approach to web development that looks continuous improvement, both for the technologies we use and the people we work with
- Ability to communicate technical problems in a clear and understandable way to stakeholders, designers and various members of the team
- An eye for design and attention to detail
- Experience leading, training, or mentoring web developers using empathy and honed interpersonal skills
- Reside in any Canadian province
- Be qualified to live and work in Canada
What we offer
- All the best industry tools
- Competitive salary between $80,000 and $95,000 per year, no matter where you live
- Fully distributed workforce (work from anywhere in Canada!).
- An incredible team of designers, developers and project managers
- Flexible hours
- Full benefits offered through Sun Life
- 3 weeks paid vacation, + optional time off around the holidays
Interested in this job?
Let us know why you want to work at Goat, and why you would be a fit as our next Senior Web Developer. Submit your resume, cover letter and any previous work to [email protected].
Goat is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, colour, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws.
Goat is committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.
Please no calls from recruiters or employment agencies. Goat does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Services Agreement, Goat will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee.