Business Development Manager
Goat is a Digital Experience focused agency, specializing in Website Strategy, Design, Development and Marketing.
Goat was founded in 2015 with a vision to change the design industry. We had a dream that all creatives be held accountable for their work, through transparent processes and client education. 5 years on and that vision hasn’t changed. We are still processes driven and jargon-free. We adapt across industries to suit our clients needs, but never stray from what we believe in, always striving to deliver compelling strategy and beautiful design through the latest digital technologies.
If you want to work with a team of driven, creative and smart people – you might just be a Goat!
We’re looking for a Business Development Manager to join our team.
As Business Development Manager, you crave helping potential clients improve their digital eco-system. A mix of people and technical skills will provide you opportunity to architect potential solutions to solve varying levels of problems, using digital tools and strategies.
What you’ll be doing:
- New Business Development - Prepare and lead the development of RFP/RFI/RFQ responses and presentations, mobilizing the team in the development of the solution under tight timelines
- Strategically think about the appropriate answers to include in the RFP’s
- Manage the sales process, lead generation, credential pitch, questions, solution pitch, negotiation and lead win/loss reviews with the team
- Assist with the architecting of technical systems with our designers and developers
- Assist with outbound communications and content strategy
- Through research and investigation, grasp the client's unique business needs and pain points, and develop responses/competitive analysis and interactions that connect with the client and make them feel Goat understands their business
- Attend events to build out your personal network of decision makers from both the private and public sectors
- Help build out the RFP answer database from our previous RFP answers
- Write weekly client status reports
- Support with account management tasks
What you’ll need:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; able to formulate, write and communicate our value, strategy and proposed solution on client opportunities
- Familiarity with online bid databases and submission methods, including MERX, Biddingo, Bravo, BC Bid, BC Dev Exchange, and FlexTrack is preferred
- Can demonstrate proactivity, look for ways to add value through more efficient processes or ways of working
- Good research skills
- Able to understand, interpret and use technical and numerical data
- Shows good service, is overly helpful to clients, and responds quickly
- Uses multiple communication channels to present information effectively given the situation (e.g. email, telephone, written work, presentations, 1:1)
- Build good internal and external relationships.
Interested in this job?
Let us know why you want to work at Goat, and why you would be a fit as our next Business Development Manager. Submit your resume, cover letter and any previous work to [email protected]
Thank you for your interest in Goat. We look forward to reviewing your application. Due to the large volume of resumes we receive, we are only able to contact those applicants that are most qualified for each position.
Goat is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws.
Goat is committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.
Please no calls from recruiters or employment agencies. Goat does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Services Agreement, Goat will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee.